Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q: What are your hours (Water Resources Division)?

The Water Resources Division is open 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. We may be contacted at (805) 385-8136 and are located at 251 South Hayes Avenue, Oxnard, California. In an emergency, a field representative can be contacted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at (805) 385-8136.

Q: What are your hours (Utility Billing Division)?

The Utility Billing Division office is open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursdays and every other Friday between 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., excluding holidays. Feel free to stop by the Utility Billing office, or call (805) 385-7816, during those hours. Utility Billing is located in the City Hall, 305 W. Third Street, Oxnard, California.

Q: When is my Utility bill due?

Bills are due and payable upon date of receipt. It will become past due if not paid within 21 days. See Understanding Your Bill, which shows what your due date is/was for your current and past due charges.

Q: How can I pay my utility bill?

By Telephone
You can now make your bill payments using a credit card or a checking account through the City’s new automated phone line by calling (805) 385-7816.

Through the Internet
Utility bills can be paid with a MasterCard or Visa by accessing your account through Click2Gov from the City’s website:
(Online Services)

Mailing your bill
Enclose the detachable top portion of your bill, along with a check or money order made payable to the City of Oxnard for the amount due. You may use the envelope provided to ensure speed and efficiency in processing. Please do not include cash or coin.

If the envelope provided is lost, mail to:

City of Oxnard
Utility Billing
305 W. Third Street, Oxnard, CA 93030


GLC Check Cashing (for current bills only)
3115 Saviers Rd., Oxnard, CA 93033
Hours: 9:00am to 6:00pm Monday- Friday
10:00am to 4:00pm Saturday
Phone No: (805) 483-3484

If your bill is past due, remit directly to the City of Oxnard’s Utility Billing Division. Do not pay through GLC.

Paying your bill in person
Feel free to make your payment at the above location using check, traveler’s check, cashiers check, or money order made payable to City of Oxnard. We also accept cash if you’re paying in person. A drop box is available in the front of the building or you may walk your payment in. Utility Billing is open Monday through Thursdays from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and every other Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., except on holidays.

Q: Have you received my utility payment?

To find out if the City of Oxnard has received your payment you can call our Utility Billing Division at (805) 385-7816, between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m., Monday through Thursdays and every other Fridays between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. excluding Holidays.

You may also use Click2Gov to check for the last payment we received from you.

Q: What happens if I don’t pay my utility bill on time?

  • A penalty of 10% of each month’s charges will be assessed to your utility bill if paid after the due date.
  • If payment is not received 14 days after your bill becomes past due a Notice of Disconnection will be left at the service address and a fee of $11 will be charged.
  • If service is terminated, a re-connection fee of $64 will be charged.

Please call our Utility Billing Division at (805) 385-7816 if you can not pay your utility bill on time

Q: I had a higher utility bill than expected. What happened?

The most common causes of higher-than-normal usage are landscape irrigation system issues. This may include changes in the duration and frequency of your watering, leaking valves, broken sprinkler heads, or broken pipes. If you suspect a leak, look around your home or business for telltale signs: moss growing on the ground, valves or sidewalks; mushy soil or grass; dirt on sidewalks or driveway near a sprinkler head. You can also check your meter to help confirm a leak. If you have a landscape maintenance company, consult with them to see if they have noticed any problems.

Other common causes of high usage include leaky toilets, constantly running toilets, valves or bypasses left open and increased laundry.

Customers who have questions about their water bill or who would like to contest the billed usage should contact our Utility Billing Division at (805) 385-7816, between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m., Monday through Thursdays, and every other Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., excluding Holidays.

Q: I am experiencing low water pressure at my residence or business. What could be the cause of the reduced pressure?

You could have a broken house shutoff valve, high mineral deposits in your water line, a leak in the water service line, the aerator may be plugged in the facet, or their could be a main water line break in the system.

Q: Can I request for an administrative hearing prior to termination of my utility services?

You have the right to an administrative hearing as to whether the City may terminate your service. To exercise such right, you must file a written request with the City Clerk within 7 days from the delinquency notice date.

Q: I need a large dumpster to remove trash from my home. How do I rent one from the City?

Inquiries regarding bin rentals can be made through the on-line Public Works / Environmental Resources Service Request form here.

A representative from the Environmental Resources Division will contact you for more information.

You can also call the Environmental Resources Division directly at (805) 385-8060.

For further information:
Public Works Administration

(805) 385-8280

Last Updated: Feb 26 2013